If your fur baby is anything like me.. they will LOVE these... and any treat in general!
These Peanut Butter Bone Treats are so quick so make and they keep for weeks!
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO NEED
- 2 cups [260g] whole wheat flour
- 1 cup [130g] oats
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup [65g] crunchy peanut butter [no added sugar]
- 1 - 1.5 cup [236g - 355g] warm water
- 1 egg white
- baking tray[s]
- baking paper
- mixing bowl
- rolling pin
and most importantly a super cute dog bone cutter! [This is optional but makes them look even tastier.]
- Line 1 or 2 trays with baking paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180'C
- Weigh out all ingredients into your mixing bowl.
- Give it a mix with a spoon and then use your hands to combine
I used Sunpat Crunchy No Added Sugar which was a little solid. So I ended up adding more water [1.5 cups approx] as the mixture was just SO dry and not mixing together.
If your mix is too dry, add water like I did... if you have a wetter peanut butter [more natural ones may be,] then add a little more flour.
- Get your mixture into a ball, and split in half
I added a spoonful extra peanut butter at this point 🙂
- Add a little more flour to the work surface and roll out using a rolling pin
- Roll to around 1cm thick
- Using a cutter - obviously for me it had to be a bone shape, duh - cut into lots of biscuits and pop on your trays!These won't spread so you can put them very close together.
- Brush the top of each biscuit with egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 mins [or until nice and browned on top]
[The 6cm mini bones took 25 mins and the larger ones took 35 mins.]
As I'm a little mini, I used a tiny 6cm bone shape cutter. But, I'm seeing some furriends at the weekend so I made 12cm ones for them.
[ You can get these on Ebay / Amazon. ]
When baked, take them out the oven and leave them to cool on the trays.
They will keep for up to 1 month in an air tight container.
I had to wait a whole hour to get one of these!
I gave these a 4Star Pepper rating because I needed to add extra water and peanut butter!
Now... to EAT them all!!
The original recipe is from Tastemade.